Re: [linux-audio-user] gentoo mm-sources

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] gentoo mm-sources
From: Lee Azzarello (lee_AT_fallingforward.net)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 04:42:04 EEST

I built a Gentoo audio system a little over a month ago. I kept a weblog
of the whole thing.

http://www.fallingforward.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=62

Regarding the gentoo-mm sources, I could not run that kernel with my
hardware. It would compile but kernel panic when I rebooted. Strangely
enough, I had to take the kernel config from a Mandrake installation, and
plug it into a stock kernel from kernel.org to get not only low-latency
but also DMA to work.

My gentoo system is alright now, but Rosegarden won't build, due to some
obscure little dependancy conflicts documented here:
http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosegarden/faq.html#toc13

And the most super obscure problem that just happened is Rosegarden CVS
won't autoconf because it thinks gentoo's autoconf version is 2.13 when
the package manager says it's 2.57-r1!

-l[e^2]
http://www.fallingforward.net/
people experimenting with music, art and technology