Re: [linux-audio-user] USB Sonica

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] USB Sonica
From: Stephen Hassard (steve_AT_hassard.net)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 16:58:35 EEST

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 01:06:51PM +0200, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> > Maybe you should ask M Audio if they plan to cooperate with the
> > community on Linux support for this particular device.
> This isn't needed in this case, the downloading protocol is already
> known (it's DFU). The only problem is that somebody actually has to
> write the loader.

And the last time Clemens and I tried this, I had to RMA my Sonica. The DFU loader seemed to have eaten the base firmware on the unit. The Sonica was detected as a "unprogrammed" USB device (it's device IDs changed). Needless to say, the M-Audio tech support was really baffled and tried to get me to re-install the Sonica drivers a few dozen times. :P

later,
Steve