Re: [linux-audio-user] Quattro Situation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Quattro Situation
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 23:34:26 EEST

Hallo,
Austin hat gesagt: // Austin wrote:

> Okay Patrick... more headaches for you maybe?
>
> I finally bought a Quattro. All seems fine except I can't read/write to
> it. I assume it has something to do with this 'initialization' problem
> Takashi has mentioned, but I'm not sure. I'm really hoping to get this
> working soon so I can include it in the next Mandrake Audio HowTo blah blah.
>
> I used Patrick's .asoundrc, and the module loads fine. Everything that one
> expects shows up in /proc/asound.
>
> [root_AT_gamma373-165 austin]# ls /proc/asound
> card0/ cards devices modules oss/ pcm Quattro@ seq/ timers version
>
> But I can't seem to use it:
> [root_AT_gamma373-165 austin]# alsaplayer
> ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1055:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed: No
> such device
> snd_pcm_open: No such device (default)

Is there actually a device /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p on your /dev-"partition"?
/dev/snd used to be a link to /proc/asound/dev but that directory
isn't in ALSA anymore, so /dev/snd has to be a "real" device
directory, created for example with the snddevices script. (I cannot
speak for devfs, I'm not using it)

ciao