[linux-audio-user] laptop and knoppix

Subject: [linux-audio-user] laptop and knoppix
From: Atte André Jensen (atte_AT_ballbreaker.dk)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 18:49:43 EEST

Hi

I'm trying to figure out if all the hardware in my new laptop is
supported. For this purpose I'm trying out knoppix for the first time,
but sound is not working. sndconfig finds the card as "Intel
Corporation|82440MX AC97 Audio Controller" but only a small click is
heard when trying to play a sample. "play somesample.wav" returns
"playing somesample.wav" and the aforementioned click is heard.

Does anyone know knoppix well enough to help me, since I'd rather not
install anything in case I have to give it back (if the hardware is not
supported)?

Thanks in advance...

--
peace, love & harmony