Re: [linux-audio-user] Seeking advice on a suitable CLI synth engine

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Seeking advice on a suitable CLI synth engine
From: Rick Taylor (ricktaylor_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 21:17:13 EEST

> Dave Phillips wrote:>
> > > "S. Massy" wrote:

> > > I've been dying
> > > to give csound a good try but haven't succeeded in compiling it yet...
> > > [snip]
> >
> > Csound ?
>
> Sorry, I read through your original too quickly... As PW mentions,
> sfront and CLM are also good candidates...

 Seems like the best answer of the bunch to me, anyway.

 If that's what you want to use... there's got to be 30 different implementations
 {not to mention versions} of it available. One of them's got to compile...

...Somebody's got to have a binary...

 {Actually... that's what I thought you meant in the last message.}