[linux-audio-user] Casio CTK-671 under Linux

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Casio CTK-671 under Linux
From: Lex Ross (lross_AT_grondtron.com)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 04:26:34 EEST

Hi All,

I am just switching to Linux and am trying to find something that can make my
Casio CTK-671 keyboard work. It has no buit-in rhythm programming but rhythms
can be downloaded into it through MIDI interface. These are available for
download from Casio music web site

http://music.casio.com/e/671/

But there is no software that allows you to compose the ones of your own. Not
to mention that there is no Linux version of the software.

There is a 60-page MIDI manual however

http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_manual/emi/en/ctk_671/midi.pdf

and Windows version of the downloader:

http://music.casio.com/e/671/before.html

With these I hope I will be able to figure out how to program and download
rhytms into the keyboard. I wonder however is there is a standard protocol?
Do you know of anyone who ever tried to figure this out? It makes sense to
learn what others have done so far before starting a new project.

I would appreciate your help and any information that you may have.

Kind regards,
Lex