Re: [linux-audio-user] Seeking advice on a suitable CLI synth engine

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Seeking advice on a suitable CLI synth engine
From: Lee Azzarello (lee_AT_fallingforward.net)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 10:44:28 EEST

I would recommend SuperCollider, and object oriented DSP/MIDI language
based on Smalltalk. It might be ported to Linux but I'm not sure. There is
also Nyquist, based on Lisp and very cross-platform. Csound is the
formadible beast. Then there's PD, which is not command line but very
powerful. And if you're into Java check out Jsyn or Jmax. The list goes on
and on and on and on....

-l[e^2]
http://www.fallingforward.net/
people experimenting with music, art and technology