[linux-audio-user] playing .PAT's via Jack

Subject: [linux-audio-user] playing .PAT's via Jack
From: Rob (lau_AT_kudla.org)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 04:19:27 EEST

Replying to the Wine thread reminded me of something I was thinking about last
week and meant to ask the list. I've seen a number of sample playback
engines or programs that play .SF2 soundfonts, and for .PAT's of course
there's Timidity++. Is there any way to run T++ as a Jack application, or
run some other application that incorporates T++ somehow to use my vast
collection of .PAT files from my GUSPnP days as soundfonts?

If not, is there any way under Linux to convert my .PAT's to .SF2's? I
suppose I could buy Awave and try to get it working under Wine, but since
there shouldn't be any actual data conversion going on I'd think someone
might have written such a converter app years ago.

Maybe an ALSA-aware app would be good enough, since I'm running ALSA on my
laptop now - I haven't actually tried to assemble a sequencer/synth suite
under Linux yet because I haven't had any idea what to do with all my PAT
files except render static .mid files to .wav using Timidity.

Rob