Re: [linux-audio-user] Wine, JACK and audio from Windows apps

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Wine, JACK and audio from Windows apps
From: mik (mprims_AT_skynet.be)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 13:51:16 EEST

> domenica, 03 agosto 2003 alle 17:44:06, Lee Azzarello ha scritto:
> > I got a little ambitious this weekend. Installed Wine, configured it
> > according to the docs on winehq.org and everything seems good. I can run
> > notepad.exe... :) wow, he says sarcasticaly.
> >
> > Of course my big reason for even bothering with Wine is so I can install
> > my favoirte audio app for Windows, a tracker called Jeskola Buzz. Now mind
> > you, I don't have Windows installed on my Gentoo system, only Wine,
> > and the ebuild is the CVS version 20030618-r1.
> >
> > I downloaded the base installer for Buzz and it installed! Now I run Buzz
> > and it tells me it can't find the waveOut device, and crashes :(

I got buzz working too, surprisngly also this weekend. I don't get the waveOut message, but I sometimes got it in Windows. When you get the message, can you still open the preferences menu in Buzz? If so, try to change the wave output driver to Windows Waveform Audio and if that doesn't work to one of the other possibilities. It works in alsa mode and oss-emulation mode. Oss-emulation seems to give less latency.
For easy wine configuration check this out: http://darken.tuxfamily.org/article.php?lang=en&id=1