[linux-audio-user] midiman uno midi device

Subject: [linux-audio-user] midiman uno midi device
From: Jeremiah Benham (jjbenham_AT_chicagoguitar.com)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 16:10:22 EEST

I have a midiman uno usb device. I am not sure if I am using it
correctly or not. I compiled and installed ezusb2131 and usb-midi (not
realizing usb-midi is in the kernel) I load the ezusb2131 with:
modprobe ezusb2131 vendor_id=0x763 product_id=0x110
I then cat the firmware into the device.
I then load usb-midi. This is how I do it manually when hotplug does
not work correctly.
dmesg list that I have a /dev/midi02 now.

My first question is if I am setting up the above correctly?

My second question is how do I use it besides with muse, csound, and pd?

Muse does not detect the device. I have to add a new raw midi device in
the midi configuration of muse. That is ok but should it be detected.
I can't get it to work with other sequencers at all because most of them
don't allow you to add raw midi devices. Now csounds and pd will listen
to a raw midi device.

The way I have been using it is through muse. Then I set up any other
synth in muse.

Thanks,
Jeremiah