[linux-audio-user] size and number of audio buffers

Subject: [linux-audio-user] size and number of audio buffers
From: Guy Clotilde (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 10:52:38 EEST

Hi all

I believe this question is an old one, but can someone show me the best way to find the ideal size an number of audio buffers of my sound card.
I have read lot of web pages on this subject, but I didn't understand everything, although I use linux audio apps for years now. I always end trying one by one the values until I found an acceptable one (for example, the fluidsynth configuration). The problem is, each time I had to use another PC, I don't know how to quickly find this values.

I remember years ago, Cubase was testing the sound card to find the best values (something about ASIO drivers).
Is there a Linux app that can deduce this values?

regards
GuyCLO~
#219055 http://counter.li.org
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html
Change your Linux PC in a Rythm Station with holborn's GMORGAN:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/GMORGAN/index.html