[linux-audio-user] Upgrading ALSA on Mandrake 9.1

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Upgrading ALSA on Mandrake 9.1
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 18:15:16 EEST

Hello all,

I've got an odd one here - I'm trying to upgrade ALSA on a Mandrake
9.1 box. I did this before on another (upgraded to 0.9.2) and it
worked fine, but on this one upgrading the RPMs seems to have no
effect.

I installed these RPMs with urpmi:

libalsa2-0.9.5-1mdk.i586.rpm
libalsa-data-0.9.5-1mdk.i586.rpm
kernel-multimedia-source-2.4.21-0.16mdk.i586.rpm

But if I do:

service alsa restart

I get:

Shutting down ALSA sound driver (version 0.9.0rc8): [ OK ]
Starting ALSA version 0.9.0rc8: cs46xx. [ OK ]

I've tried rebooting.

Any clues? Have I missed something obvious here?

Thanks

Daniel