[linux-audio-user] modprobe: Can't locate module snd-virmidi

Subject: [linux-audio-user] modprobe: Can't locate module snd-virmidi
From: paul wisehart (wise_AT_lotech.mine.nu)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 21:09:16 EEST

Hi,

I'm usning the latest alsa drivers (0.9.6), and
I'm trying to get understand this snd-virmidi stuff:

http://linux-sound.org/quick-toots/4-sequencers_and_softsynths/quick-toot-midisynth_howto.html

When I try:
modprobe snd-virmidi

I get:
modprobe: Can't locate module snd-virmidi

I have searched my /lib/modules/<kernel-version>/kernel/sound/* for it.
Its not there.

Is there a switch I have to put in when I "./configure" my alsa-driver ?
(to get the "snd-virmidi" module)

I *do* have the "snd-seq-virmidi" loaded.
Whats the relation between "snd-virmidi" and "snd-seq-virmidi" ?

I've done searches and LAD & LAU for "snd-virmidi", but nothing
comes up about it "missing".

##

Any pointers would be appreciated.
If my post is lacking pertinent details, I can elaborate.

thanks,

--
paul    \  /
wisehart >/