Re: [linux-audio-user] Two sound cards, only sound out of one

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Two sound cards, only sound out of one
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 05:37:16 EEST

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:25:14 +0200
Robert Jonsson <robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> > aplay -D card0 a.wav
> > aplay -D card1 a.wav
>
> I don't recognize card? as generic card names, is there some new naming
> convention that I'm unaware of?

No, but you can define althernate names in /etc/asound.conf or ~/.asoundrc.
I've done mine in /etc/asound.conf.

> Did you try hw:0 and hw:1 ?

Yes I did and thats no better.

The od thing is that aplay does correctly pick up that I am trying to play
out of "Hardware PCM card 1" instead of "Hardware PCM card 0" but stil no
sound.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
Laws of Thermodynamics:
1) You cannot win.
2) You cannot break even.
3) You cannot get out of the game.