Re: [linux-audio-user] New To List

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] New To List
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 13:12:57 EEST

Hallo,
James Cameron hat gesagt: // James Cameron wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 09:08:40PM -0700, kevin ernste wrote:
> > Mark is right on here about PlanetCCRMA, Fernando keeps a very clean
> > shop and he is also an excellent source of help when you need it...and
> > you will need it :)
>
> Interesting. A metadistribution for audio. I like the idea. Can I use
> it on my Debian systems? Or is it base-distribution specific?

The Planet is RedHat only, but actually I don't really miss anything
in Debian, because I use testing/unstable. There are several people
who do great jobs on keeping the Debian audio side up to date:
unstable has Ardour beta3, Csound GPL, Pd 0.37, the current MusE,
kernel-2.6 beta and much more. Later the developments of Demudi/Agnula
will flow back into Debian, so I'm confident that all will stay well
here.

ciao