[linux-audio-user] 2.6 Kernel(s) and RME Hammerfall

Subject: [linux-audio-user] 2.6 Kernel(s) and RME Hammerfall
From: Peter Groves (pgroves_AT_uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 23:15:39 EEST

Hi,

 I downloaded the latest beta release of the linux kernel last night
(2.6.0-test3) but couldn't get it to compile. I looked up the error
(just using google) and I found a similar compiling problem related to
the RME Hammerfall driver that was identified (and fixed) in the 2.5
kernel series (something like the 2.5.5 kernel). It referred to a patch,
but I would think it would only work for the particular version it was
designed for. I am trying to include the Hammerfall driver in my build,
which makes me think it may be the same problem. Has anyone been able to
compile any recent kernels w/ the Hammerfall driver?

In the likely event that no one has tried this yet, can you tell me if
it would it be better to contact the ALSA mailing list or the linux
kernel mailing list to ask for help?

Peter