[linux-audio-user] Problem with audacity

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Problem with audacity
From: mawali_AT_news.icns.com
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 20:51:14 EEST

Hi
As everyone recommended, I am getting my son to use audacity, but now we
are having a probolem where secind track becomes very noisy after
recording.

The first track records fine but when the second track is recorded it is
very noisy, and even seems to have a pitch shift. When I tried to figure
out what is going on I found out thet the first track is bleeding through
to the second track. So even if I mute the second track when I record the
second track I see the first track bleeding through and see the waveform
on the second track. Please keep in mind that the input is a guitar pickup
not a mic so there should not be any crosstalk between tracks.

I am using SB live with alsa-0.9.4 linux-2.4.21 (lowlat) audacity-1.1.3-1.
Anyone seen this before??
Regards