[linux-audio-user] smurf - no sound

Subject: [linux-audio-user] smurf - no sound
From: Atte André Jensen (atte_AT_ballbreaker.dk)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 10:06:35 EEST

Hi

I'm trying to get *any* input/output (MIDIin/audio out) going with
smurf, but didn't succed so far. Is there any trick that one should know
of? I don't need anything fancy, simply to be able to press a note on my
Evolution keyboard and hear the sound comming from smurf as I edit. My
soundcard is set up with ALSA + OSS emulation and works with other apps.

I do realize that smurf is so old it's dead. What are other, more recent
applications for editing soundfonts?
I'm on debian/unstable...

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--