[linux-audio-user] Invert And Mix

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Invert And Mix
From: Len Moskowitz (vze24hrw_AT_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 07:59:27 EEST

I'm making copies of a sound file and I want to confirm by sight and sound
that the original and the copy are bit-for-bit accurate.

Are there any Linux audio applications that would allow me to invert a WAV
file and sum it (mix it) with another file and then display the resulting
waveform? If they're identical I'd get a flat line (the two would sum to
silence); if not I'd hear see and hear noise. With a graphic display I'd
also be able to see if there are any patterns to the errors.

Thanks!

Len Moskowitz