Re: [linux-audio-user] Invert And Mix

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Invert And Mix
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 12:00:14 EEST

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 11:03:43 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Presumably if one file had a few seconds of silence at the start of
> end I could just delete that by hand in vi? I don't know how far off in
> lines diff can handle looking for a first match, but a few seconds could
> end up being 100K lines...

I think diff would handle it fine, it doesn't have much choice, but you
would get bored paging through all those zeros.

I guess an easy fix would be to crunch up all the 0.0's so that instead of
0.0 0.0
0.0 0.0
40000 times

you got
0.0 0.0 40000

(run length encoding) so diff would just sho the difference in the numer,
rather than listing all the lines. It would be a trivial awk script I
think, an exercise for the reader :)

- Steve