Re: [linux-audio-user] Noise removal, what filter is best?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Noise removal, what filter is best?
From: RTaylor (ricktaylor_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 09:10:00 EEST

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:18:53 +0100 Tim Beauregard <helycos_AT_lycos.co.uk> wrote:

> | http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/guides/planetccrma/node48.html

> OK been wading through your suggestions, and have decided the suggestion
> of manual alteration of the noise within audacity will be my method. I
> can't get my head around the more complex software, even though I'm sure
> they can do what I need.

 You could use the script that's on the above mentioned page {the one that
 plays a series of tones} ...change the variables to a tone that's similar
 to your original sound and have it overwrite the tones you want to get rid
 of. {if they are somewhat evenly spaced} Or... you could set it to a tone
 that would mix with the offensive noises and sort of smooth them to the
 point that they could be removed with a traditional filter or eq.

 Again, assuming that they're evenly spaced. All the code's there... you'd
 just have to play with the numbers.

 :} Then again... it's not that tough to just snip them.

 {Maybe if you were to break it up into regions, delete the tones and
 reassemble it? That's simple and would go really fast.}

> Thanks so much to everyone who contributed answers.
> Tim
> Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)

 You can work this thing. ^