Re: [linux-audio-user] USB audio capture line/mic: A/D quality, how set record levels?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] USB audio capture line/mic: A/D quality, how set record levels?
From: Len Moskowitz (vze24hrw_AT_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 23:40:57 EEST

You might consider solutions other than USB.

Our PDAudio-CF card is a CF card that accepts coax and optical S/PDIF (and
other IEC-958 formats). It's bit for bit accurate up to 24/192. It comes
with an ALSA driver.

For a front end, you might consider our Mic2496. It's a portable 24-bit
dual mic pre-amp and A-to-D converter that provides phantom power and runs
on a single 9 Volt battery. It will sample at rates from 32 to 192 KS/s.

Please see our Web site for more details: www.core-sound.com

And if you want to stick with USB you might consider M-Audio's MobilePre
USB. (I'm not certain about the availability of a Linux-compatible driver.)

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound