[linux-audio-user] Fwd: Re: DJCJ: LAD pro support & contacts database

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Fwd: Re: DJCJ: LAD pro support & contacts database
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 19:41:13 EEST

janinerich_AT_verizon.net wrote:

> Patrick,
> I know you are very busy and I hate to bother you but I have been
> trying for long time to get my soundcard (Santa Cruz aka Cirrus Logic CS4297A rev 4 as
> listed in AlsaMixer) to record it's output into various audio apps. For
> example it has a cancun drum wave table and I want to record the midi output to wave.
> I've been experimenting with the mixer: enabling the capture, pcm out etc. to no avail.
> I know this can be done in windows with the soundcard's GUI. If you
> have the time I could use a few suggestions. Thank you.
> Sincerely,
> Richard O'Donnell

I have forwarded this to the lau list as there should be someone there
who can help more.

Are you having trouble with capturing the audio or getting the sound of
the drums?

I'm not very well versed on midi issues but I suggest trying muse, seq24
or rosegarden. They are very capable apps for working with midi.

The basic problem is making sure the onboard wavetable is being
accessed. If you are sure this is working the above apps will be able to
capture the sound relatively easily.

--

Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd. http://www.boosthardware.com http://www.djcj.org - The Linux Audio Users guide ========================================

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman