Re: [linux-audio-user] Flash audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Flash audio
From: Lloyd R. Prentice (lprentice_AT_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 17:16:06 EEST

RTaylor wrote:

> Flash runs in Wine but... why not go with something a little more standardized? SVG.

That's what prompted my question.

A client has specified Flash audio + slides. Flash makes sense on the
client side, since vast numbers of browsers have Flash plug-ins. I can
certainly use Macromedia's suite of tools on the server side, but wanted
to explore open source options.

I found one package, Ming, that, evidently, can generate and stream the
slides, but not the audio. Even at that, best I can tell, Ming may not
be that well along-- and may even be orphaned.

Thanks for your repsonses.

Best wishes,

Lloyd