Re: [linux-audio-user] Flash audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Flash audio
From: RTaylor (ricktaylor_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 21:20:37 EEST

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:16:06 -0400 "Lloyd R. Prentice" <lprentice_AT_earthlink.net> wrote:
> RTaylor wrote:

> > Flash runs in Wine but... why not go with something a little more standardized? SVG.
>
> That's what prompted my question.
>
> A client has specified Flash audio + slides. Flash makes sense on the
> client side, since vast numbers of browsers have Flash plug-ins. I can
> certainly use Macromedia's suite of tools on the server side, but wanted

 If they specified Flash... :}

> to explore open source options.

 Check the links I posted in the other message as well as here:

 http://www.oasis-open.org/home/index.php

 {Sorry, I'm in a rush. I don't have time to search out the SVG
 specific stuff. Let it suffice that they have lots of links on
 this page somewhere.}

> I found one package, Ming, that, evidently, can generate and stream the
> slides, but not the audio. Even at that, best I can tell, Ming may not
> be that well along-- and may even be orphaned.

 There are several alternatives.