Re: [linux-audio-user] Latency question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Latency question
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 18:48:48 EEST

> last time I
> checked, Audacity didn't support real-time effects - only effects
> printed to the track.

That was true until now, although I believe the latest PortAudio
supports JACK and a version of Audacity incorporating this is well
under way.

Personally, I like to be able to undo effects because I frequently get
them wrong! There is a LADPSA effects preview in version 1.20-pre1,
which helps. But for real-time effects work, would an in-memory
rather than disk-based application be better?

Cheers

Daniel