Re: [linux-audio-user] piano keys

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] piano keys
From: iriXx (m_AT_iriXx.org)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 04:52:17 EEST

Guy Daniel CLOTILDE wrote:

> Alexandre Prokoudine wrote / a écrit:
>
>>Hi.
>>
>>I'm not designer at all, but I'd like to make you think about producing
>>some graphics under free license for using in audio opesource software.
>>
>>What I;m thinking about is some web-resource, where developers could ask
>>artists for help. May be linux-audio-announcement@ could be fine for that
>>purpose.
>>
>>As an impact I'm uploading
>>
>>www.lrn.ru/~avp/files/piano.sodipodi
>>www.lrn.ru/~avp/files/piano.png
>>
>>under FreeArt License (http://artlibre.org/i)
>>
>>Feel free to use, modify and redistribute it.
>

> Thanks, I think I'll use it.
>
> I agree with the idea of a repository for Free (as in GPL) music-related graphics. Here could come music-related icons from KDE, Gnome or from other GPL-compatible apps, and with appropriate linking to the original program.
> I think there was a thread about graphics some monthes ago here, but I don't know if something has been made concrete.

i agree too... i had a potter around and made some nice mixer graphics
but never had time to go further with them. i'd like to work on this
from time to time too, and all my work is publised Libre.

m~

--
  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Musicians say No to RIAA Persecution and Prosecution of Music Lovers!

Sign the petition at http://www.copyleftmedia.org.uk/justsayno/

.::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.