RE: [linux-audio-user] Loops

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Loops
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 23:26:30 EEST

> I'm a new convert to linux audio having used Logic, CoolEdit, rebirth
> and Acid - but there is one thing that really puzzles me ...
>
> When I use one of the above windows apps there is always a loop facility
> where a section/region/chunk of the track can be easily looped just by
> selecting it with the mouse and pressing play ... I've downloaded
> ardour, rosegarden, gnusound, audacity, and others and none of them have
> this instant loop facility (er, except sweep, which is fine, but I need
> a loop mixer/editor like logic or acid to put my samples together).
>
> Am I the only one to work in this way?

No, there are others that work like you do. You can join one of the
application development lists and make feature requests. Most of the
developers pay pretty close attention to inputs they get there.

> The other thing with ardour (fantastic looking) is that I can't get
> samples to sit next to each other (snap) unless I'm really careful with
> the mouse - any ideas?

Make sure you set the snap parameters correctly in Ardour and it should
work. I haven't used Ardour in 4-6 months now, but it used to work.

- Mark