Re: [linux-audio-user] RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: help needed

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: help needed
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Sep 07 2003 - 20:51:32 EEST

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 11:44, Robert Epprecht wrote:

> Please tell me: What would be the most basic procedure that should
> produce sound output on the Multiface?
>
> What diagnostic information can I give you to find out why it is
> not running yet?
>
> Thanks a lot for any hints!
> Robert Epprecht

Robert,
   Hi. I can speak with no great authority on the specific configuration
you have, but I do use an HDSP 9652, so there are similarities.

1) do an lsmod and send back the results. This will let us see what's in
memory for drivers

2) Show your /etc/modules.conf file so we can see what you're trying to
run

3) Run hdspmixer and see what signals you see when running audio through
it. alsaplayer is fine for this purpose.

4) Run hdspconf and look at the way you have clocks set up. (I think
this will work for your hardware, but I'm not sure.)

Good luck,
Mark