Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: help needed

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: help needed
From: Thomas Charbonnel (thomas_AT_undata.org)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 10:03:28 EEST

(...)
Lsmod and modules.conf do not show any problem to me.

>> 3) Run hdspmixer and see what signals you see when running audio
>> through it. alsaplayer is fine for this purpose.
>
> All the meters in the middle row show activity.
>
> BTW: Alsaplayer says 'Failed to load output plugin "alsa". Trying
> defaults"
> Is this a hint?

You are most certainly playing a mono signal through the OSS emulation
layer. With hdspmixer preset 1, you should have signal coming out of all
the physical outputs, and also a VERY LOUD signal on the line outs, as all
the playback channels are routed to the line outs and thus summed up.
How is the card wired up ?
Do the meters show signal going through the outputs (3rd hdspmixer row) ?

As a side not, if you want to use alsaplayer with the alsa, you must use
the plughw interface :
alsaplayer -o alsa -d plughw:0

>> 4) Run hdspconf and look at the way you have clocks set up. (I think
>> this will work for your hardware, but I'm not sure.)
>
> Oh, I hadn't noticed this program yet (It is not in alsa-tools 0.9.6)
> Looks very handy! It shows:
>
> Pref Sync Ref ADAT1 in
> SyncCheck all say 'No Lock'
> SPDIF In internal