Re: [long] sound-server history Re: [linux-audio-user] What's arts?

Subject: Re: [long] sound-server history Re: [linux-audio-user] What's arts?
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 14:05:02 EEST

> I've been meaning to embed the GSM "I'm resyncing with the cell"
> noise into a track - that noise even seems to make its way into
> balanced cables.

I've noticed a noise coming from mobile phone handsets - it must be a
pretty powerful field, since it can also disrupt the display of a CRT
monitor. An unshielded 15" PA speaker in the same room only produces
a slight ripple on the display, but a text message arrives on a phone
and the display is all over the place...

And to think - people walk around with one of these clamped to the
side of their head, just a few millimetres away from their brain - a
subtle and complex electrical system if ever there was one!

Cheers

Daniel