RE: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: help needed

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: help needed
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 20:26:56 EEST

> Would you please tell me how exactly to start jackd?
> Or should I try without first?

Don't run Jack yet would be my input. Until you can get some audio out
somewhere it's just more work and it's not required.

> Which is the sequence?
> starting jack, running the script, running hdsploader
> or what?

I think you would

1) Run hdsploader to get the card configured
2) Run the script to set the levels in the configured card
3) Run alsaplayer, or jack and then alsaplayer -o jack to send the audio to
a card which is configured and set up.

Again, Jack is not required to make this work. If it won't work without
Jack, then it won't work with Jack. There's a more basic problem here.
(Probably firmware.)

> I wonder what I would do without all the help I get from the list.
> I hope there will be a time I can give something back...

I'm still trying to get to the point where I can give something back! ;-)

- Mark