RE: [linux-audio-user] Generating drones, take 2

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Generating drones, take 2
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 20:02:33 EEST

FT/mawali,
   Since the last time we spoke about this I have been using a new Linux
application called Drums++. It's really a small programming language for
generating drum patterns. It runs in a shell and creates a MIDI file, or
will play the patterns you write real-time. It's simple and easy to try out.

   One aspect of an early version of the program was that it generated MIDI
note on events, but did not generate note off events. It strikes me that
possibly this would work for you. For me, I have asked Mike to generate
limited time MIDI events as they work better in notation programs, but
possibly this could become a command line option and it would work for both
of us.

   Mike has been pretty interactive with me and is interested in getting
people to use his app. It's a cool little app as far as it goes. I think it
might be useful for you. Check it out if it sounds interesting.

http://dpp.mikekohn.net/

Cheers,
Mark