[linux-audio-user] documentation (Was: RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: SOLVED :-)

Subject: [linux-audio-user] documentation (Was: RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: SOLVED :-)
From: Robert Epprecht (epprecht_AT_solnet.ch)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 22:48:07 EEST

Daniel James <daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com> writes:

>> It looks to me like a good place to put this info is in the "user
>> notes" attached to the ALSA sound card matrix:
>
>> There is also a WIKI for ALSA soundcard HOWTOs at
>> http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=AlsaOpensrcOrg but it looks
>> to me like it is less active recently.
>
> Both of these are out of date.

Yes, and of course I had consulted these pages and others.

> I tried to submit updates to the ALSA matrix, but it appears to be
> unmaintained.

oh, that's bad to hear.

I must say, that good up to date informations was a main problem in
this time I was going through these days...

I have got a lot of help from many people, which is very nice and
appreciated, but after me the next newbie comes and goes through similar
hassles... Many people *do* search for information before asking for help...

> I'm afraid it doesn't reflect very well on the LAU community that all
> these docs are out of date. I know it's a boring job, but it's so
> important to have reliable hardware compatibility information. Is
> there no way we could combine the best parts of the matrix and the
> wiki to make a new, definitive and official document?

In what form ever, it seams, something would have to be done regarding
up to date documentation.

Robert Epprecht