Re: [linux-audio-user] Problems with Redhat 9(Shrike)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Problems with Redhat 9(Shrike)
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 01:13:36 EEST

Stewart Felstead wrote:
> I’m attempting use the Shrike alsa rpm’s from fresh from to install alsa
> and it’s libs and utils.
>

> My pc is and athlon xp2000+ with an onboard via82c686 and am having
> problems getting alsamixer to launch. I keep getting the error no such
> device. My .asoundrc looks like this

looks good to me.

> I’m concerned that I need to disable the default Redhat sound stuff but
> have no as the system log shows errors trying to grab the port. But I
> have no idea how to do that. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been struggling with
> this for weeks, and I’m getting pretty p$ssed off.

I feel your pain...

If you are having problems groking hte redhat way of controlling the
sound You might want to try installing frm the planet ccrma repository.
It is packaged specifically for redhat uswers and gets a very good press.

http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

Rgds.

--

Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd. http://www.boosthardware.com http://www.djcj.org - The Linux Audio Users guide ========================================

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman