Re: [linux-audio-user] Tracking down overruns

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Tracking down overruns
From: Benji Flaming (lau_AT_solobanjo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 00:24:09 EEST

> If you're not already doing it, use reiserfs or xfs. From your pictures
> it looks like you might be using ext3. There are a few processes that
> should be dead before you start doing realtime. I use a script with the
> following:

Nope - I'm using reiserfs. However, I do know for a fact that I was running
envy24control when I got the overruns. I'll make sure it's dead next time.

> One thing that did give
> me problems was using IO_support set to 3. The sync seemed to give me
> problems. I set both of mine to 1 (no sync).

I'll look into this - thanks again!

> You can see what I've
> done to my system at
> http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/ALSA_JACK_ARDOUR.html

Actually, I went through this entire document a few weeks ago. I already
owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude for putting it together. It was
exactly what I needed in order to get started with serious Linux audio.
I'll take another look, though, in case I neglected something.

Thanks again!

|)
|)enji

Benjamin Flaming
"The trouble with computers, of course, is that they're very sophisticated
idiots."