Re: [linux-audio-user] Tracking down overruns

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Tracking down overruns
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 12:21:33 EEST

Hi,

> http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~mukesh/hacks/spindown/t1.html
>
> Lastly, I changed the IO_support setting to 1, and Ardour has now been
> happily recording for an hour and a half! I was also able to run the
> latency test without overruns (the 4 ms. spike dropped to 2.7 ms.). Thanks
> so much for your help, Mark & Jan!

This thread became a really good lowlatency tutorial, great! :) I'm not sure
what this IO_support thing is, but I guess it's in Jan's guide.

There's just one other thing I thought I'd add that I didn't see mentioned
anywhere.
By default a linux system is running cron daemons that schedule the execution
of different "things" at recurring intervals.
Though I've never heard of anything happening with 20 minute intervals. That
the spike occured 20 minutes into the the recording also speaks against it.
It may be a good idea to turn them of though.

/Robert