Re: [linux-audio-user] Running vstserver & ladspavst

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Running vstserver & ladspavst
From: Tim Orford (tim_AT_orford.org)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 13:40:25 EEST

> I was wondering if someone could help me along with getting VST's running
> under Linux.

i'm having the same problem unfortunately.

the only instructions i see are to
1-set VST_PATH environment variable to point to where your plugins are
  eg: /usr/share/vst
2-launch vstserver from its directory
  eg: cd /usr/lib/vst/; vstserver;

i have vstserver running but it just waits:
"VSTSERVER/main: Vstserver 0.2.6 started. Waiting for requests."

the vstserver 'exampleclient' works for me, but jack-rack, pd, and
ardour dont.

does anyone have it working? it would be nice to know what was
supposed to happen, and which clients are known to work.

i'm using thacs rpms:
libladspavst-0.1.2-5mdk
k_vst~-0.2.6-2mdk
vstserver-0.2.6-2mdk
libvst-devel-0.2.6-1mdk
libvst-0.2.6-1mdk
ladspa-1.12-2mdk
libladspavst-0.1.2-5mdk
ladspa-devel-1.12-2mdk

> Also, do any VSTi's work with vstserver?

probably not....

cheers

--
Tim Orford