Re: [linux-audio-user] Loops

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Loops
From: Andy Cragg (caesura_AT_freenetname.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 22:29:14 EEST

Rick Taylor wrote:

>Andy Cragg <caesura_AT_freenetname.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Rick Taylor wrote:

>>>Why not use loops in Ardour?
>>>

>>Go on then, how do you do that? :)
>>

> like you would in anything else... line them up, put fades and effects on them,
> toss other stuff into the mix.
>
> Why is this difficult? Are you looking for something like fruity loops that
> makes it easy to assemble the loops themselves? What sort of functionality
> are you wanting?

I can load sample files into Ardour (but can't line them up without
pixel-precision accuracy with the mouse ...) apply fx etc but I'd like
to select a section of a track and listen to it over and over (applying
fx, listen for mistakes etc) - Ardour does not have this facilty. I'd
like : select a section, play, tweeek just that section without having
to press play over and over again.

All windows audio apps have this facillty :)

How do people here edit your tracks - do you place the start point
somewhere, press play, listen, press stop, put the start point back,
press play, listen ... seems odd to me. Even my old Yamaha QY-10 had a
loop facility, and my cassette tape portastudio had one!

Cheers,

Andy