Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI tracks and audacity (alternat way?)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI tracks and audacity (alternat way?)
From: Emiliano Grilli (emillo_AT_libero.it)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 09:49:05 EEST

giovedì, 18 settembre 2003 alle 00:18:39, mawali_AT_news.icns.com ha scritto:
> Hi
> Is there a way to convert one channel from a midi file to wav and then
> import it to audacity. I know I can use timidity to convert midi to wav,
> what would be the best way to just export one channel to wav.
> Regards

Hi, there is a perl script that splits a midifile according to
channel/track and creates one midifile for each track:
http://archive.develooper.com/midi_AT_perl.org/msg00206.html
Then you can use timidity to render these midis into wav.
You have to install the MIDI-Perl module:
http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/MIDI-Perl-0.8/

HTH

PS: for Dave Phillips:
the link to this midi splitter in http://sound.condorow.net/midi.html