Re: [linux-audio-user] JACK splat

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] JACK splat
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 16:33:52 EEST

Hi,

Thursday 18 September 2003 15:08 skrev Taybin Rutkin:
> What's your soundcard? I think being able to open a sound device multiple
> times is dependent on if the hardware supports that.
Yeah, I've got several emu10k based cards where this is no problem either.

Dunno how it works with my envy24 card, as I generally only run one app at the
time towards that card, I guess it only allows one user though.

My work computer which has really lousy ac97 drivers definately locks things
pretty badly.

IIRC it's possible to open devices in non blocking mode, for which this
problem is not as apparent. The application that isn't allowed to use the
card can atleast exit with a reasonable error message.

/Robert