Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: HDSP Firmware

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: HDSP Firmware
From: Oyvind Hammer (oyvind.hammer_AT_nhm.uio.no)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 15:30:40 EEST

Mark, Thomas etc.: If there is now a driver
for HDSP 9652, rev 101, we would really like to
know if this has been tested running continuously
for a day or more, with a CPU-intensive application
such as PD with a big patch.

The experience we have had, trying to make this work
for about half a year now with previous drivers and
versions of firmware, is that the whole machine
freezes totally after a few hours of operation, which
is disastrous for us. All kinds of kernels, drivers,
motherboards, BIOS settings etc. give the same problem -
believe me we have tried absolutely everything.

So, has long-term stability at relatively high CPU
loads (30-40%) and substantial disk activity been tested
for the new driver and 101 firmware? We are happy to
accept xruns and whatever, as long as the machine doesn't
crash!

Thanks, and in desperate hope,

Oyvind Hammer
University of Oslo