Re: [linux-audio-user] easy sampler

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] easy sampler
From: Jeremiah Benham (jjbenham_AT_chicagoguitar.com)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 04:11:23 EEST

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 03:21:14AM +0400, "horsh" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any ready to use sampler for linux/alsa?
> I would realy love to use shaketracker with a sampler
> to acheve usual tracker functionality.
> (No, although cheesetracker is perfect, I very very want midi too)
> I don't need gig or halion support or even sf2
> just plain .wav sampler.

I think the easiest solution that I have found was to take smurf or
swami and create sf2 files out the .wav's. It is pretty simple once you
learn how to use smurf. Then you save it then open it with fluidsynth.
An easy solution would be to load Muse -R then load the softsynth
fluidsynth and then load the soundfont you created in Smurf or Swami.
Then select a track, hit the arm button, choose fluidsynth in instrument
selection, and then play away.

fluidsynth no longer requires and soundfont compatible card.

Jeremiah