[linux-audio-user] applying patch for HDSP 9652

Subject: [linux-audio-user] applying patch for HDSP 9652
From: Aaron Trumm (aaron_AT_nquit.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 03:14:35 EEST

Hello all - Aaron here again

well I promised progress - well I went and read about RPM so I'd know what the
hell it was, and now am applying patch. I've got Fernando's kernel and ALSA
source, and I've put the patch in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES and edited the alsa
driver spec file, adding that patch, (I had to manually create the redhat
directory in /usr/src - it wasn't there and rpm wouldn't create it

and following directions on
http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/recompilealsa.html

but I'm getting this wonderful thing:
bash: rpmbuild: command not found

that was quite unexpected. I'm sure I'll figure this out eventually but I
thought it'd be smarter and faster to ask - what is happening? do I have a
partial RPM in my system?

# rpm --version gives me:
RPM version 4.2

well thanks - cya on the flipside!