[linux-audio-user] Jackd problems

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Jackd problems
From: Jeremiah Benham (jjbenham_AT_chicagoguitar.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 20:45:22 EEST

Sorry if this has been aswered a million times or something.

I don't know if this error message I am recieving is correct:

Ardour/GTK 0.377.1 running with libardour 0.685.0
application linked against too wrong of a version of libjack.
ardour: [ERROR]: No JACK server found.

I lauch jackd as root like this:
jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 44100 -p 1024 -n 2 &
or
jackd -d alsa -d hw:0

then I launch ardour muse or any other jack enabled program it gives be
the above errors.

jackd gives me these errors:
cannot read request from client
bad hci

new client a
cannot create new client; a already exists
cannot write connection response to client
cannot complete new client connection process

I am running Debian unstable. I don't know if it is just broken or if I
am doing something wrong.

I even created an .asoundrc. I don't know if that helped though. It
looks like this:

pcm.emu10k1 {
        type hw
        card 0