Re: [linux-audio-user] Cheap ALSA-compatible card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Cheap ALSA-compatible card
From: Austin (aacton_AT_yorku.ca)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 21:28:24 EEST

On 09/26/2003 02:48:05 PM, Benji Flaming wrote:
> I'd like to get an ALSA-compatible sound card (PCI) for an older machine.
> This would be for non-critical music playback, and would be replacing an ISA
> SB16. Economy is the goal here. I'm aware of the ALSA sound card matrix,
> but it does not provide list prices for each card, nor does it indicate
> whether a particular card is even on the market. Would anyone be willing to
> offer a recommendation?

Too bad you don't need ISA. I have an old Gravis Ultrasound Max here with
midi interface and memory upgrade and everything. Probably the best consumer-
grade ISA sound card ever made. I could have sold it to you very affordably.

Austin

--
                                 Austin Acton
        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate