Re: [linux-audio-user] jaming over the internet?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] jaming over the internet?
From: Guy Clotilde (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 13:35:29 EEST

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:02:57 -0700 (PDT), R Parker wrote / a écrit:

> offlist,
>
> couldn't you guys do what the gamers do? I don't know
> what they do but it must be buffering 'til remote
> clients have time to sync up and then go. right?

It sure must be optional...because I'd rather not hear my guitarist friend rather than hearing him playing in one second a condensed 10 seconds of music :P
Someone suggested streaming (UDP/IP rather than TCP/IP) . That should do it because in "real" life there can be lost packets of sounds too ( bad audio jacks ) sometimes. Never stopped me from having fun.

This said, I am ashamed saying that I don't code. But if anyone is launching the project and need some side help (translation, web page, design) call me.

GuyCLO~
Really thinking about grabbing a code for dummies book.
#219055 http://counter.li.org
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html
Change your Linux PC in a Rythm Station with holborn's GMORGAN:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/GMORGAN/index.html
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)