Re: [linux-audio-user] sticky windows [may be OT]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] sticky windows [may be OT]
From: Rob (lau_AT_kudla.org)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 18:06:45 EEST

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 10:09, horsh wrote:
> I want to stick or glue some windows of
> *different* applications together so that
> they be organized in "solid body"
> i.e. so that I could minimize/restore,
> move them together.

I've run into this problem myself, not only with different apps
but with single apps like gimp and gambas that throw 80 little
windows up on the screen. My workaround has been to use
workspaces (which I normally don't care for) and put all the
windows of the offending app(s) on a separate workspace from the
other things I'm doing. Not as cool as an MDI-type container
that holds all the windows, but it is effective.

Rob