Re: [linux-audio-user] recording delay in Ardour...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recording delay in Ardour...
From: Anthony (avan_AT_uwm.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 17:02:56 EEST

* Aaron Trumm <aaron_AT_nquit.com> [Oct 06 03 21:21]:
> oh I'm not talking about a record button delay - I wouldn't even NOTICE
> something like that, let alone care :)
>
> I'm talking about the audio is a half second late after I've recorded it - I
> can monitor it and it sounds like a delay box set to about a half second.

Of course, think about what is happening: The incoming data is being
buffered by the sound card then delivered to ardour. Ardour then
typically re routes this back via jack to soundcard. You have three
card that supports some form of HW monitoring 3) Don't monitor using ardour.
Note that having a low latency kernel doesn't decrease latency, it
just makes things work more reliably. HTH.

--ant