Re: [linux-audio-user] recording delay in Ardour...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recording delay in Ardour...
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 13:51:56 EEST

Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 00:25, Rick Taylor wrote:
>
>>Mark Knecht <markknecht_AT_comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>>>Reaktor
>>
>> ftp://www.slabexchange.org/pub/audio/bristol-0.9.1-linux-glibc.tar.bz2
>>
>> {Ok... so it's not Reaktor}
>>
>> He's not got any real info on his pages for it... I'm saving you a step.
>>

> Yes, I've used it, but it's not even in the same game, much less the
> same league. I think the much more similar might be something more like
> AMS, which I admit I haven't used. It looks quite good though.
>
> It does raise an interesting point for me though. The reason I went with
> Reaktor Session and not Reaktor is that I do NOT want to program sounds.
> I just wanted to get a bunch of preprogrammed synths and find some new
> sounds that I could use, which I was able to do in about 10 minutes of
> installation.
>
> The neat thing (for me anyway) about Reaktor is the on-line user
> contributed library of about 1500 prebuilt synths that come with, on
> average, maybe 10 preprogrammed patches. That's a lot of stuff to get on
> day one. Why isn't something like that happening in the Linux soft synth
> area? Instead of having so many soft synths, which seems more a focus on
> writing software, why not more sounds for some existing soft synth,
> which seems more a focus on making music?
>
> I think we Linux soft synth users should try to make that happen.

There is a page for this.

http://devdsp.net/index.pl?main=noizefarm

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman